Connect with us

Celebs

Speed Darlington Arrested Again By Nigerian Police

The Nigeria Police Force has moved musician, Darlington Okoye, popularly known as Speed Darlington “Akpi” from Owerri, Imo State, to the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja, to inflict more punishment on the musician.

On Wednesday, Darlington was being moved to the police Force Intelligence Department (FID) from Owerri. Top sources also revealed to SaharaReporters that Dasuki Galadanchi, the Deputy Inspector-General (DIG) in charge of FID had personally taken over Darlington’s case files from the police unit that arrested him before.

“Speed Darlington is being moved to Abuja. He is being prosecuted by DIG Dasuki Galadanchi who said his (Darlington) punishment was too short before they granted him bail the last time,” a top source revealed.

“The DIG personally took over his case files from the police department that arrested him and initially detained him in Abuja,”

It was earlier reported that human rights lawyer Deji Adeyanju confirmed that Nigerian music star Damini Ebunoluwa Ogulu, popularly known as Burna Boy, was behind Tuesday’s police harassment and arrest of his client, Darlington “Akpi,” in Owerri, Imo State.

Adeyanju, who made the confirmation in a post on his social media handle, had berated Burna Boy for having been producing songs against oppression but suddenly turning into an oppressor of Speed Darlington.

The lawyer had written, “Burna Boy behind the harassment of Speed Darlington by the police. This is someone who has been singing against oppression and forming junior Fela now oppressing Akpi.”

It was earlier reported that Adeyanju had confirmed Speed Darlington’s arrest in a statement posted on his official Facebook page.

Adeyanju wrote, “Our client Speed Darlington a.k.a AKPI has been arrested by the Nigerian police in Owerri at his show upon return to Nigeria.”

He added that Darlington’s arrest occurred during his return to Nigeria for a show. However, the reasons for the Darlington arrest remained unclear.

Meanwhile recently reported that the Nigerian police detained Darlington over alleged cyberstalking of Burna Boy. had reported that Speed Darlington was arrested and detained at the notorious centre of the IGP’s Intelligence Response Team in the Guzape area of Abuja.

The musician was then visited by Adeyanju who also told SaharaReporters that he had seen a petition written against Darlington by afrobeat musician, Burna Boy.

Darlington had been arrested in Lagos and tossed around many police formations in Lagos before he was taken to detention in Abuja by the IRT team who accused him of cyberstalking Burna Boy.

Adeyanju had noted that there was nothing to the petition to warrant Darlington’s arrest.

“I have met Speed Darlington” and he’s in good spirits, we are working to get him released on bail as soon as possible,” Adeyanju had added.

The police ACP investigating the case had told Adeyanju that the police could not release a copy of the petition to him but he let the lawyer read and digest the content.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Celebs

I am Not A Womanizer, I Just Love Hard – 2BABA

When Innocent Idibia, popularly known as 2Baba, recently described himself as a “lover boy” rather than a womaniser, the comment landed with a sense of irony. In a recent sit-down with the Voice of Nigeria, the singer addressed the tag that has followed him for decades: “The biggest misconception about me is that I’m a womaniser. I’m a lover boy. I love hard.

While 2Baba frames his history as one of intense affection, his personal relationship timeline is a complex one. This “lover boy” energy has seen him father eight children across four different relationships, most notably with Sumbo Adeoye and Pero Adeniyi, the latter of whom remained a source of public tension during his 12-year marriage to actress Annie Idibia.

2Baba’s romantic history predates his rise to superstardom, but it became more visible as his career took off in the early 2000s. He is a father to eight children with four women: Sumbo Ajala, now known as Sumbo Adeoye; Pero Adeniyi, now known as Pero Adeniyi Agofure; Annie Macaulay; and Natasha Osawaru.

Although Annie is often remembered as his earliest and most enduring partner, 2Baba’s first child is with Sumbo Ajala, with whom he has two children. He later had three children with Pero Adeniyi, with whom he maintained an on-and-off relationship for several years. These overlapping relationships, which became public over time, contributed to the perception of instability in his romantic life.

Despite their long history, their relationship was repeatedly tested. While Annie and 2Baba eventually married and had two children together, their union was marked by years of public strain, including disputes involving extended family members, social media outbursts, and emotional revelations on reality television.

Following years of public online in-law drama and emotional outcries on reality TV, 2Baba has since turned a new leaf with his current wife, Natasha Osawaru, whom he married in July 2025, months after news of his separation from Annie became public.

The marriage surprised many and was widely interpreted as a fresh start, placing the singer in a more settled social environment. However, the promise of stability was soon put to the test. By late 2025, rumours of marital tension began circulating online, driven largely by videos and social media activity. One widely shared clip appeared to show 2Baba and Natasha engaged in a heated exchange at a shopping mall in the United Kingdom.

Another incident occurred during a live Instagram session hosted by Daddy Freeze, where the singer joined a conversation involving his former management. In the video, raised voices could be heard, prompting widespread speculation about the state of their marriage.

Public reactions were swift, with some questioning the dynamics of the relationship. Days later, 2Baba addressed the situation directly, warning that public speculation had gone too far.

Continue Reading

Celebs

Ayra Starr’s Much Anticipated Album To Drop in 2026

Ayra Starr has sparked a whirlwind of anticipation across the global music landscape. Following her meteoric rise, the Mavin Records superstar and Roc Nation signee has stirred excitement among fans by hinting at her forthcoming project.

Featured in Spotify’s “Our Frequency” zine issue 033, the ‘Celestial Being’ shared insights into her personal and professional aspirations, including a tease that her next album could land in 2026. This disclosure emerged within Spotify’s platform dedicated to celebrating Black artists and their creative narratives, with the recent edition spotlighting Starr’s journey of growth and artistic evolution.

Spotify’s “Our Frequency” initiative offers artists a space to reveal intimate details about their lives and craft. In the Spotify feature, Ayra Starr reflected on her formative years and how diverse environments shaped her distinctive sound and personality.

The 23-year-old drew interesting parallels between cultures, noting that, “Growing up in Benin and Nigeria, it was two different vibes.” She likened the energy of Nigeria’s commercial hub to a global city: “Lagos is almost like New York.”

In stark contrast, the 2026 Grammy nominee described her experience in the Benin Republic: “Benin Republic has more like a beach vibe. Everywhere is, like, calm. Everybody is quiet, so I can’t put it into, like, a few words. It’s made me who I am.”

It was within this context of personal evolution that Ayra Starr dropped the major album news, offering insight into her 2026 goals: “In 2026, I’m looking forward to learning how to cook more known Nigerian food, and my album, Amen.”

This deliberate pacing suggests a strategic shift towards quality control following her management deal with Roc Nation in July 2025, which handles her global brand strategy and touring

Continue Reading

Celebs

Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Loses Son Amid Allegations of Healthcare Negligence

The controversy surrounding the death of Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie and Dr Ivara Esege’s 21-month-old son, Nkanu Nnamdi Esege, has escalated following a detailed rebuttal to Euracare Multi-Specialist Hospital’s recent statement.

In a press release issued in response to Euracare’s statement dated Saturday, 10 January 2026, the child’s aunt, Dr Anthea Esege Nwandu, accused the hospital of presenting inconsistencies and false claims regarding the circumstances of her nephew’s death at its facility.

Dr Nwandu, a dual board-certified Internal Medicine physician with over 30 years of clinical experience in Nigeria and the United States, challenged Euracare’s assertion that the family’s account contained inaccuracies.

“In their press statement, Euracare claims that there are inaccuracies in the account of how my nephew passed. Which inaccuracies exactly?” she asked.

In her response, Dr Nwandu addressed several claims made by the hospital, contrasting them with what she described as “the documented truth of the situation.”

She disputed Euracare’s claim that the child had received care at two paediatric centres before arriving at the hospital. According to her, “This is false. He was in one hospital before coming to Euracare for the procedures.”

Euracare had also stated that it provided care “in line with established clinical protocols and internationally accepted medical standards,” a claim Dr Nwandu firmly rejected. She outlined what she said were multiple deviations from internationally accepted standards of care.

“International standards demand that a child on oxygen who is given sedation must have continuous oxygen therapy. Did Euracare do this? No! They confirmed this verbally to me when I went to the hospital to question the doctors,” she said. “International standards demand that the child should have had continuous monitoring of oxygen levels in his blood. Did Euracare do this? No.”

According to Dr Nwandu, additional lapses included the lack of continuous monitoring of the child’s pulse and respiration, as well as the failure to ensure the presence of resuscitative equipment during internal transfers within the hospital.

International standards demand continuous monitoring of pulse and respiration. Did Euracare do this? No,” she stated.

She also questioned the reliability of medical documentation under the circumstances described. “Since there was no monitoring, is it possible to accurately document when the child stopped breathing or for how long he was pulseless before he was resuscitated? No.”

Dr Nwandu further criticised the manner in which the child was handled following sedation. “Is it international standard for an anesthesiologist to carry a child post-sedation on his shoulder, unable to visually see the child, with absolutely no monitoring, while insisting that he alone would be in the elevator with the child? No,” she said.

She also alleged that the child’s oxygen supply was disconnected during his transfer to the intensive care unit. “To transfer the child to the ICU, the anesthesiologist disconnected his oxygen and again carried him on his shoulder. Is that standard practice? No.”

In the press release, Dr Nwandu maintained that her nephew was medically stable at the time of the incident and had already been scheduled for an evacuation flight to Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore.

Dr Anthea Esege Nwandu is board-certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine and the American Board of Lifestyle Medicine. She is a Fellow of the American College of Physicians and holds a Master of Public Health degree from the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health.

Euracare has stated that it is reviewing the matter amid ongoing public scrutiny of the hospital’s handling of the case.

Continue Reading

Trending