Connect with us

News

Kwara NYSC Camp Engagement – Army Reveals Reason Why Female Soldier Was Detained

NYSC Camp engagement

Over the weekend, a video went viral online of a male NYSC corp member at Kwara State’s Orientation camp, Yikpata proposing to a female military officer who joyfully said yes.

It triggered reactions across social media after which it emerged that the female military officer had been detained by the military for her actions. The army’s reaction triggered counter-reactions from Nigerians on social media and now, they have revealed why the unidentified female soldier was unprofessional by getting romantically entangled with the male corp member.

Confirming the female soldier’s detain to the media was Brigadier General Onyema Nwachukwu, the director of Army Public Relations in his exclusive interview with The Punch on Sunday, the 19th of December.

Brigadier General Nwachukwu said that the female soldier’s unprofessional action amounted to taking advantage of her male trainee, he further explained that had the gender roles in the situation been reversed and it was a female corp member who was being proposed to by a male army officer, there would have been a public outrage accusing the army of coercion.

The female soldier’s action, Nwachukwu said violated the Nigerian Army’s code of conduct when deployed for duty. He outlined the rules violated by the female soldier saying;

“1. Fraternization while on official duty at the NYSC camp. That is, indulging in an amorous relationship with a trainee.

2. A personnel must have served for three years before he/she can qualify for marriage.

3. She disobeyed the Armed Forces of Nigeria standing guidelines and directives for the use of Social Media.

4. Indulging in romance while in uniform.

5. Her conduct was prejudicial to good order and military discipline.”

“All the above, if proven are in violation of extant laws with attendant disciplinary and penal implications,” the Brigadier General added.

When asked about the likely punishment the female soldier would receive, Nwachukwu declined to comment, instead noting that “the Nigerian Military like all others, has its disciplinary codes, distinct from that of the general society. Every personnel has voluntarily undertaken to be bound by this code.”

Read Also: Army Rescue 180 of The Abducted Students In Kaduna School

Intelligence gathering platform, Eons Intelligence, revealed in an update on the situation that Captain MM Abdulahi, Kwara State NYSC Camp Commandant told them that the female soldier had intentionally isolated herself from her colleagues.

The army’s action has drawn strong criticism by Nigerians online. Popular human rights activist Sowore condemned the army’s action and called for the female soldier to be released.

In a post shared on his verified Facebook page, Sowore said that he would love to mobilise for the female soldier to get justice. Sowore also posted photos of army officers proposing to their love interests in army uniform.

His post read;

“Just came to my attention that the @Nigerian army detained the female soldier in this video for getting a proposal from a youth corps member.

What the Army did is totally unacceptable and I would very much love to mobilise for her to get justice. Our society is getting more and more oppressive and discriminatory.

This has to stop! Please if you have her contact or know how she could be reached, kindly DM me! #Revolutionnow”.

Click Here to watch a video of the NYSC Camp Engagement.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Entertainment

2Baba unfollows wife Natasha and refollows ex-wife Annie

Nigerian music legend Innocent “2Baba” Idibia has unfollowed his wife, Natasha Osawaru, on Instagram, days after a reported public confrontation between the two at a nightclub opening in Abuja.

The incident reportedly occurred on Friday at the launch of the “90s Lounge,” where 2Baba was billed to perform. According to accounts circulating online, Osawaru arrived at the venue accompanied by several men before approaching the singer’s vehicle, triggering a commotion that required the intervention of police and security personnel.

An eyewitness account shared by a social media user claimed Osawaru had demanded to speak with 2Baba on arrival, though the widely circulated video from the scene does not show what specifically triggered the confrontation.

Following the incident, 2Baba was said to have told Osawaru he was no longer interested in continuing their relationship. Checks on his Instagram account on Sunday confirmed he had unfollowed her, while Osawaru continued to follow him.

The fallout comes just over a year after 2Baba’s very public split from his ex-wife, actress Annie Macaulay Idibia, ending a 13-year marriage in January 2025. He confirmed his relationship with Osawaru, an Edo State lawmaker, shortly after, proposing in February 2025 and marrying her in a private traditional ceremony that July.

In a further twist, checks on Monday showed that 2Baba and Annie have since followed each other again on Instagram, more than a year after the pair had unfollowed one another following their separation. The renewed connection has fuelled fresh speculation and reactions online, with many commenters framing the timing as a kind of poetic justice given the current strain between 2Baba and Osawaru.

This isn’t the first sign of tension surrounding the marriage. In a previous incident, 2Baba reportedly interrupted a livestream in which his former managers were discussing his private life, telling them directly to stop. Shortly after, a heated exchange between him and Osawaru was heard off-camera before the broadcast was abruptly cut.

Throughout the public scrutiny surrounding his relationships, 2Baba has maintained that Osawaru was not the reason for his separation from Annie.As of publication, neither 2Baba nor Osawaru has issued a public statement addressing the nightclub incident or the changes to their social media activity.

Continue Reading

Celebs

Nollywood star Tonto Dikeh launches Christian Prayer Ministry

The former Nollywood actress kicked off her ministry in Abuja, called New Wine Prophetic Tabernacle. After months of announcing her plans to go into ministry, former Nollywood star Tonto Dikeh is now leading a Christian gathering in Abuja. In a video clip shared on her Instagram page, the 40-year-old was captured leading a powerful prayer session in her newly launched New Wine Prophetic Ministry.

The former Nollywood star describes her New Wine Prophetic Tabernacle as an interdenominational altar dedicated to prayer, revival, spiritual training, and the awakening of consecrated believers.

“NEW WINE PROPHETIC TABERNACLE (NWPT) @nwpt_global is an interdenominational altar, spiritual home, and global movement of consecrated believers called to experience the raw power, purity, and presence of God. Grounded in the foundational truth of Scripture “And no one puts new wine into old wineskins…” (Mark 2:22).
NWPT exists as a dwelling place of His presence for those who refuse to settle for lukewarm Christianity and are hungry for genuine revival, fire, and transformation.”

She added that her ministry is not a church but an intense gathering of those consecrated and equipped for the purposes of God. Since converting to a born-again Christian, Tonto Dikeh has been vocal about her faith. In February 2026, she completed a discipleship programme at Pastor Jerry Eze’s Streams of Joy International church, sharing her certificate on Instagram and speaking about a profound spiritual rebirth that had reshaped her perspective on life, faith, and service.

The vocal embrace of her Christian faith has not been without some controversy. In March 2026, a video where she was performing a deliverance on a schoolgirl went viral online and led to massive criticism, including the threat of a lawsuit by a Human Rights Lawyer.

Continue Reading

Entertainment

$20K, ₦400m mansion, other lavish gifts Peller and Jarvis received for wedding

The wedding of TikTok stars Habeeb Hamzat, popularly known as Peller, and Elizabeth Amadou, better known as Jarvis, was filled with memorable moments. Beyond the glamorous outfits, celebrity guests, and cultural displays, it was the extravagant gifts presented to the newlyweds that became one of the biggest talking points.

Even before the wedding day, gifts had already started pouring in, while several admirers promised to present theirs during the ceremony. Peller’s longtime TikTok supporter, Gregory, kicked off the celebrations with a generous wedding gift of $20,000.

Gregory travelled to Nigeria specifically for the wedding and expressed excitement about being part of the occasion. Speaking during the event, he also revealed his interest in investing in Nigeria. “I can’t relocate, but Peller and Peller are going to work on some investment opportunities in Nigeria. One of the things that I really wanna do is open a school here. Hopefully we can do it; that would be my dream

One of the biggest surprises of the day came from Delta based billionaire Mohammed Ochacho, who presented the couple with a mansion worth ₦400 million in Lifecamp, Abuja.

While announcing the gift, the businessman explained that his children encouraged him to make the presentation. “On behalf of my children, I am presenting a brand new house for you worth ₦400 million in Lifecamp, Abuja.”

The gesture came just days after Peller met Ochacho at music executive Soso Soberekon’s event. During that meeting, the billionaire introduced the content creator to some of his associates and had earlier promised him 10 cows as part of his wedding gifts. Peller later jokingly called him out for not fulfilling that promise before the mansion was eventually unveiled.

In June 2026, Peller proposed to Jarvis during a private beachside ceremony at La Palm Royal Beach Hotel in Ghana

Just weeks later, he paid her bride price during a traditional introduction ceremony in Edo State, after which they had a court wedding.

Continue Reading

Trending