Connect with us

News

GEJ Challenges Govs On Governance As MURIC Blame Him For The Israeli-Palestinian Conflict

Goodluck Jonathan

Former President, Goodluck Ebele Jonathan has challenged Nigerian governors to act proactively and take charge of their state and stop the bickering among themselves especially along tribal lines, claiming they are the ones running the country and not only President Muhammadu Buhari.

He said this while speaking in Benin, the Edo State state capital on Sunday, May 16, 2021. He lamented that the governors should come together and proffer solutions on how to move the country forward via their forum instead of antagonizing each other.

He emphasized that the Nigeria Governors Forum should be a platform to engage and come up with a panacea for the issues affecting the country. He told newsmen:

“Governors themselves should continue to meet, I don’t really love a situation where the Northern governors will meet then the Southern governors will cry foul. Then the Southern governors will meet then the Northern governors will cry foul, that will not help our country.

“The governors through the Governors Forum should meet, they are the people who run this country, the President is just one person in Abuja. The states, especially in a country where the local governments are very weak, it’s the states that people fall back to.

“So if the governors of the states meet and dialogue, interrogate things that are good for this country, then we will move forward. I don’t really enjoy the antagonism between governors, they should come together and discuss. If there are issues affecting one or two states, I think the governors should see how they can collectively come with a way to address those issues.”

Meanwhile, the Muslim Rights Concern (MURIC) has blamed the administration of former president, Goodluck Ebele Jonathan for being responsible for the continued conflict in the Middle East.

While condemning the ongoing bombardment of Palestine by Israel’s warplanes and artillery, the group said Nigeria’s decision to abstain from a vote to recognize the State of Palestine under the Goo0dluck Jonathan administration is the reason for the ongoing crisis in the region.

Read Also: I Won’t Support President Jonathan If APC Field Him In 2023 – Wike

A statement signed by the group’s director, Professor Ishaq Akintola, which was released on Monday, May 17, 2021, described the ongoing conflict as a ‘crime against humanity.’ The statement read in parts:

“We strongly condemn the ongoing aggression of Israel against Palestine. A people that does not possess a single warplane is being harassed, killed, and dehumanized by an apartheid state that is armed to the teeth while the world looks on carelessly…We are particularly disenchanted with the role of America in the whole issue. In 2019 alone, for example, the US provided $3.8 billion in foreign military aid to Israel. Israel also benefits from about $8 billion of loan guarantees. The United States (US) allows Israel to build a nuclear weapon but hypocritically breathes down the neck of Israel’s neighbors on the issue of nuclear energy. In as much as the US is Israel’s major supplier and backer, the US has the power to stop Israel’s aggression against Palestine.

“Even Nigeria under ex-President Goodluck Jonathan played an ignoble role in the Palestinian question. The request to officially recognize Palestine as a state within the 1967 boarders with full UN member benefits and state status throughout the international community was presented by Jordan on 30th December 2014. While justice-seeking countries like Argentina, Chad, Chile, Jordan, China, France, and Russia voted ‘Yes’ to a Palestinian State, Nigeria dashed the hope of Palestine by abstaining.

“Just nine votes were mandatory for Palestine to secure the status it needed and eight had been obtained. Only one more vote was needed but Nigeria reneged on its well-known anti-apartheid stance. It was a shocking, conservative, and reactionary shift from anti-apartheid champion status for which the country was known to a pro-zionist entity. It was the coup de grace. It was the day Nigeria shamefully turned its back on its principles of justice, liberty, and humanity, no thanks to ex-President Jonathan’s love for anything that may hurt Muslims and favor Christians. Jonathan cannot wash his hands off that diplomatic misadventure. He allowed his religious sentiment to get the better of him.”

1 Comment

1 Comment

  1. Pingback: Eid-el-Kabir Celebration: Federal Government Declares A 2-Day Public Holiday

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

Senator Natasha confirms Sallah visit to Kogi constituents

Senator Natasha Akpoti-Uduaghan has reaffirmed her commitment to visiting her Kogi Central constituency for the Sallah celebration, dismissing rumors that she had canceled the trip. Her media team released a statement early Tuesday, April 1, confirming that the visit would proceed despite the Kogi State Government’s recent ban on rallies and public gatherings due to security concerns.

“We are pleased to confirm that Senator Natasha Akpoti-Uduaghan’s Sallah visit to Kogi Central Senatorial District will proceed as planned. Despite rumors circulating online, there has been no official announcement from our office regarding the cancellation of this visit,” the statement read.

Akpoti-Uduaghan, who represents Kogi Central in the Senate, encouraged her supporters to join her in celebrating Eid-el-Fitr, emphasising her commitment to engaging with her community.

“As the senator representing Kogi Central, Natasha Akpoti-Uduaghan remains committed to engaging with her community and fostering a spirit of unity and cooperation,” the statement continued.

“Her dedication to the people of Kogi Central is unwavering, and she looks forward to celebrating Eid-el-Fitr with her constituents.”
Her insistence on proceeding with the visit comes just hours after the Kogi State Government announced a ban on public gatherings, citing intelligence reports warning of potential security threats.

In a statement on Monday, March 31, the state Commissioner for Information, Kingsley Fanwo, justified the ban, stating that intelligence reports suggested that some individuals were planning to “stage some violent rallies in the guise of political and religious agitations” in Kogi Central

The state government also prohibited fishing and other activities after two people were reportedly killed in Kasemiya, Katubo, and Umozu Ette in Kogi West.

Despite these restrictions, Akpoti-Uduaghan assured her constituents that all necessary arrangements had been made for a peaceful and successful celebration and invited the community to join her for the festive occasion.

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Bobrisky allegedly arrested by immigration officials upon return to Nigeria

Controversial Nigerian socialite Bobrisky has announced that he was arrested by immigration officials shortly after returning to Nigeria, just five months after leaving the country for his “sanity and health.”
Bobrisky took to Instagram on April 1, 2025, stressing that he was arrested without being told the reason.

Guys I have just been arrested by immigrant in Nigeria, I don’t know what I did o.

The crossdresser has disclosed that this was an April Fools’ prank, and he was not arrested.

Bobrisky’s prank comes months after he publicly disclosed that he had left Nigeria to focus on his well-being. In a previous interview, he shared that constant online backlash and personal struggles had taken a toll on his mental and physical health, prompting him to relocate.

“Yes, I’m here to confirm I’m out of Nigeria temporarily… I need to attend to my sanity and my health. Few Nigeria security agencies try everything to frustrate me but naaa i gat God. Imagine !!! buying business class ticket 3 times. only 1 was successful. @kIm I hope you guys refund me the two i didn’t use. I know is not ur fault but it’s fine,” he wrote in November 2024.

The crossdresser remains outside the country at this time.

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Omah Lay announces release date for his second album ‘Clarity of Mind’

Award-winning Afrobeats superstar Omah Lay is finally set to release his keenly awaited sophomore album titled ‘Clarity of Mind’.

The revelation was made via the Instagram handle of label Keyqaad who announced May 16, 2025, as the release date for the album which will be a follow-up to his acclaimed debut ‘Boy Alone’.

Ahead of his next album release, the singer has released the single ‘Holy Ghost’ which was among the most streamed songs on Apple Music Nigeria in 2024.

He also dropped the single ‘Moving’ in 2024 after making guest appearances on songs with rising star and fellow label mate Kaestyle and celebrated musician and DJ Spinall.

Omah Lay’s upcoming album comes after he claimed he had to scrap an album because the sound was ripped off by an artist he loved and trusted.

In the interview on the Zang Sang Show, Omah Lay revealed that he was creating a new sound which he shared with a certain artist who then proceeded to put out an album with the new sound.

Omah Lay added that he decided to re-record a new album which he boasts will be the greatest in the history of Afrobeats.

Since impacting the mainstream with his EP ‘Get Layd’ in 2020, the singer has become one of the most acclaimed Nigerian musicians.

After winning the Headies Next Rated in 2021, Omah Lay has lived up to expectations with a steady release of hit singles that shows both his flowery writing, soulful music, and impressive genre fusion.

With his upcoming album, the singer will be aiming to consolidate his place as one of the standout artists of the new generation of Afrobeats superstars.

Continue Reading

Trending