Connect with us

Celebs

BBNaija – Maria Chike Clears The Air Over ‘Home Wrecker’ Allegations

Maria Chike

About a year after her image was smeared with allegations of being a home wrecker, Big Brother Naija Shine Ya Eye star, Maria Chike Benjamin has finally addressed the rumors stating that she has never ruined any marriage.

Maria took to her Twitter page on the evening of Sunday, July 3 to squash the rumors for good. In the lengthy Twitter thread, Maria said that the reason that she had been silent on the issue was not because she was weak but that she was only respecting the people involved. She however decided to finally address the accusations which seemingly interfere with her peace. Maria also scoffed at the other rumors of her being a ‘runs girl’ that have continued to plague her since her rise to the spotlight via the platform of Big Brother.

The reality TV star further added that the proceeds from her hard work, as well as support from her man and her family, were enough to take care of her needs.

Shortly after her untimely eviction from the BBNaija Shine Ya Eye season where she was one-half of the wild cards, Maria came under fire after rumors began to swirl that she had wrecked the home of a certain lady named MaryAnn and was dating her husband, Kelvin described as a Dubai-based businessman.

MaryAnn, per the rumors, is the sister to businessman and socialite, Cubana Chief Priest. Cubana Chief Priest was the first to reveal this after he called Maria out on social media and also claimed that Maria threatened her sister. Maria kept mum while Chief Priest continued to mount his accusations. Netizens would then dig up old social media posts of Maria including one where she wrote; “If I can’t have you no one else will,” — linking it to Chief Priest’s claims.

Read Also: JJC Skillz and Funke Akindele Are Officially Separated

Maria had been quiet on the issue until now. Pulse would later reveal that at the time that Chief Priest alleged that Maria was the mistress to his inlaw, he, Kelvin, and his sister MaryAnn were already in the middle of their divorce proceedings.

Here is Maria Chike’s Tweet in Full;

“And I’m going to address this once and only this once, I’ve been quite on the whole husband snatcher issue, I DID NOT ruin any home, my silence is for the best of so many people involved. That I haven’t said my peace doesn’t make me weak, I am respecting so many people involved.

and their privacy, And for the rumours of me sleeping with several married men including a pastor, WE both laughed at it cause we literally breathe each other’s air day in day out and no room for dishonesty. When and if I ever start doing “runs”

Not that I have any intentions of this or knock anyone off their hustle but my man does look after me and my family are also very much okay to look after me and I work my ass off to look after myself. And also if I ever chop breakfast I’ll chop it with ice cream.

Cause this is life But I’ll always be happy that’s a given and I promise myself that on this Gods given earth. But for now, I just want to dance under the sunset make nobody stop my enjoyment.”

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Celebs

Celebrity Chef Hilda Baci threatens legal actions against Seyi Vibez

.Guinness World Record holder Hilda Baci is demanding an apology from musician Seyi Vibez over defamatory posts. When Afrobeats star Seyi Vibez recently launched an online tirade against Damilola Akinwunmi, the CEO of Dapper Music, over allegations of contract breach and fraud, celebrity chef Hilda Baci was caught in the crossfire.

In a now-deleted post on his X page, Seyi Vibez claimed that Hilda Baci’s food almost killed him after her partner, the CEO of Dapper Music, gave it to him. The post, which was meant to mock Akinwunmi, with whom he was feuding, invariably denigrated the culinary skills and quality of the meal of the celebrity chef who holds the Guinness World Record for the largest pot of jollof rice.

n the letter by Hilda Baci’s lawyers, Olaniwon Ajayi LLC, Seyi Vibez is accused of making the libellous post viewed approximately 4.3 million times before it was deleted.

“First Publication on 14th August, 2026 by 13:24 WAT “Na Hilda Baci bbl all una catalogue money dey go [Face with Tears of Joy emoji] All of una Dey craze and una mama”

Second Publication 14th August, 2026 by 13:32 WAT “I Made dapper. Dapper won take all of them life Ohboi. I chop Hilda baci food one day Na the same dapper give me the food almost kill me Dem Dey use jazz The jazz no work on me”

The above publications have been viewed approximately 4.3 million times, retweeted approximately 7,100 times, received approximately 3,000 comments, and were liked approximately 45,000 times, and continue to be accessible and circulated on the internet.”

Her lawyers further added that since the musician made the post, their client has been exposed to unwarranted, persistent, and escalating harassment across various social media platforms.

“Following the publication of the aforesaid malevolent statements, our client has been subjected to unwanted, persistent and escalating harassment across various social media platforms and personal handles, including a barrage of unsolicited and abusive messages and comments from members of the public. This conduct has exposed our client to unwarranted public hostility and harassment, causing our Client considerable distress and reputational harm, and has materially interfered with her privacy, peace and personal security. The targeted harassment is a direct and foreseeable consequence of the publications complained of.”

Continue Reading

Celebs

Erica opens up on mental struggles she faced after Big Brother Naija

Former Big Brother Naija housemate, Erica Nlewedim, has opened up on the mental struggles she faced after her time on the reality show. The actress and reality star revealed that she battled serious anxiety after leaving the show, as she struggled with constant insults and criticism from fans and social media users. Erica made the revelation while reflecting on her experience after her time on Big Brother Naija and the impact of staying in the public eye.

Speaking about the impact of her time on the reality show, she said she was grateful for the opportunities it created but admitted that the constant trolling took a toll on her mental health.

“I am happy I did it (BBN) because it changed my life, money-wise and all of that. I had to see a therapist afterwards. At first, I didn’t know it was getting to me until after like three years of back-to-back insults.

If I open Instagram and see notifications, I will be like, “Are they dragging me for something again?” I was always anxious, and I didn’t like that.

2024 was my quiet time. I didn’t act on any movie; I just decided to take a break in 2024. It was just last year that I decided to start coming back.

They are like, “Oh, you signed up for this, or you should be used to it by now. One shouldn’t be used to insults or trolling because they are celebrities.”

According to her, some movie producers dismissed her acting ability because of her background as a Big Brother Naija star. She said some producers cast her in lead roles mainly to attract her fans, rather than because they believed in her talent.

“Before I went for Big Brother in 2019, I went to film school in London and I came back thinking I was going to take over, and then Covid happened. So, I had to go for Big Brother.

I was already acting before Big Brother, but most of the characters I played were not lead roles. But after Big Brother, they would put me as the lead and be like It’s only because they want my fans to buy the tickets that they put me in a lead role. It was just all about, you can’t do this. That’s all I kept hearing, and then some producers would be like they put us because they need our fans to come and watch the movie and they would say it to my face. At some point, it just broke me, and that’s why I took a break in 2024. The hardest time was 2023.”

Erica was one of the housemates on the 2020 Lockdown edition of Big Brother Naija. Her time on the show attracted significant attention, particularly because of her relationship with fellow housemate Kiddwaya and her clashes with Laycon.

Continue Reading

Celebs

Nollywood star Tonto Dikeh launches Christian Prayer Ministry

The former Nollywood actress kicked off her ministry in Abuja, called New Wine Prophetic Tabernacle. After months of announcing her plans to go into ministry, former Nollywood star Tonto Dikeh is now leading a Christian gathering in Abuja. In a video clip shared on her Instagram page, the 40-year-old was captured leading a powerful prayer session in her newly launched New Wine Prophetic Ministry.

The former Nollywood star describes her New Wine Prophetic Tabernacle as an interdenominational altar dedicated to prayer, revival, spiritual training, and the awakening of consecrated believers.

“NEW WINE PROPHETIC TABERNACLE (NWPT) @nwpt_global is an interdenominational altar, spiritual home, and global movement of consecrated believers called to experience the raw power, purity, and presence of God. Grounded in the foundational truth of Scripture “And no one puts new wine into old wineskins…” (Mark 2:22).
NWPT exists as a dwelling place of His presence for those who refuse to settle for lukewarm Christianity and are hungry for genuine revival, fire, and transformation.”

She added that her ministry is not a church but an intense gathering of those consecrated and equipped for the purposes of God. Since converting to a born-again Christian, Tonto Dikeh has been vocal about her faith. In February 2026, she completed a discipleship programme at Pastor Jerry Eze’s Streams of Joy International church, sharing her certificate on Instagram and speaking about a profound spiritual rebirth that had reshaped her perspective on life, faith, and service.

The vocal embrace of her Christian faith has not been without some controversy. In March 2026, a video where she was performing a deliverance on a schoolgirl went viral online and led to massive criticism, including the threat of a lawsuit by a Human Rights Lawyer.

Continue Reading

Trending